Houston Home Owners and Investors understand that a well maintained home will attract and retain good tenants. It is important to maintain a proper preventative maintenance schedule to keep your investment in top condition. This checklist will give you a good idea of what to maintain and when.
- Wash concrete patios and driveways with a household detergent, if needed. Rinse thoroughly with water.
- Run a tray of ice cubes through the garbage disposal.
- Test all your smoke detectors and CO detectors.
- Clean or change A/C filter.
- Do a reversal test of your garage door.
- Test the force setting of your garage door opener.
- Test garage door photocells.
- Test Ground Fault Interrupter (GFI) circuit breakers.
- Clean faucet aerators.
- Check the condition of paint on wood trim and doors, replace if necessary.
- Check and maintain grading of lot to original condition.
- Make sure outdoor sprinklers aren’t spraying the house.
- Clean out window weepholes.
- Check caulking around showers and tubs, replace if necessary.
- Inspect your garage door every three months for loose hinge screws and repair if necessary.
- Check for wear on cables, rollers and hinges.
- Call a professional to perform service and addition checks.
- Lubricate the moving parts of your garage door.
- Drain the water heater.
- Have your heating and cooling system serviced.
- Hire a professional to flush the A/C unit primary drain line.
- Check weather stripping on doors and windows and repair as needed.
- Check the garage door for balance.
- Check the condition of caulking, putty and exterior paint. Paint as needed.(Check for termites.)
- Check cords and plugs of all electrical appliances for wear. If necessary, have them repaired or replaced.
- Check gutters and downspouts.
- Replace backup batteries in smoke detectors and CO detectors.
- Clean lint from your clothes dryer exhaust pipe.
- Check driveway pavers and apply joint sand as needed.
- Check door hardware and tighten as needed.
- Have your carpets professionally cleaned.
- Check the batteries in your garage door remote control units. Also check the terminals in the units for corrosion.
- Have flat roof inspected by a professional.
- Locate the sheet with the storm panel layout and keep it in a safe place a is easily found.
Every 3 years (after warranty)
- Have roof inspected by a professional.
- Have A/C System Checked / Serviced As Needed
- Have Kitchen Appliances Serviced As Needed
If you are a Landlord or Home Owner in the Greater Houston Area, contact us at 713-980-5116 to discuss our Property Management Services with you and see what makes us different from other property management companies in the Greater Houston Area. We are a full-service property management company and are bi-lingual and fluent (English and Spanish).